St Vincent de Paul Catholic School (SVdP), built on 7.5 acres at the corner of 13th and Cypress in Rogers, Arkansas, is the first and only Catholic school in Benton County. The opening of the school was the culmination of four years of planning and fundraising by the St. Vincent de Paul parish headed by Father Joseph N. Doyle. Dedicated on October 29, 1957, by His Excellency Bishop Albert L. Fletcher, the original school facility consisted primarily of a parish hall (used as the church for a time) and four classrooms.
The first year had an enrollment of fifty students in grades one through eight. Over the next thirty years, the student body fluctuated between 47 and 102 students. During that time, many changes occurred. In 1966, grades seven and eight were discontinued, and in 1981, Kindergarten was added. In 1984, under the direction of Monsignor Murphy and Father Francis Malone, the school made the transition from a religious faculty and staff led by Benedictine Sisters from St. Scholastic Convent in Fort Smith to an all-lay faculty and staff. A new era for St. Vincent’s began.
With time can come significant change. In 1996, seventh grade was reinstated coinciding with Rogers Public Schools adopting a middle school format for sixth and seventh grades. In 2009, eighth grade was added.
Today, with Pre-Kindergarten though eighth grade, the school now serves approximately 360 students from throughout Northwest Arkansas.